Document Type : Review Article
1 Associate professor of Urban Geography, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (FUM)
2 PhD Candidate of Urban Geography, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad(FUM), International CampusFaculty Member of Kherad Garayan Motahar Higher Education Institute, Mashhad, Iran
3 PhD Candidate of Urban Geography, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (FUM), International Campus
This study at first level focused on definitions and descriptions of some landfills and landfills sites all around the world and survey on how important they are for regional governments and responsible in duty as a very important responsibility for locals and their health. At the second level we had a look on heavy metals concentration which are by many definitions as follows: lead, nickel, chromium, copper and cadmium, of course it should be mentioned that this study has been done only by archive and library studies. At the third level we go to compare the heavy metal concentration in mashhad landfill site with others mentioned in this paper as examples, of course we have had lots of limitation in this study, this is only start point. The results showed that indeed there are not many differences between mashhad and others as a whole
2. ^ "Alternative Daily Cover (ADC)". Retrieved September 14, 2012.
3. ^ "Five years on, east Pasco landfill proposal still in dispute". Tampa Tribune. July 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
4. ^ Gomez, A.M.; =Yannarell, A.C.; Sims, G.K.; Cadavid-Resterpoa, G.; Herrera, C.X.M. (2011). "Characterization of
bacterial diversity at different depths in the Moravia Hill Landfill site at Medellín, Colombia". Soil Biology and
Biochemistry 43 (6): 1275–1284. doi:10.1016/j.soilbio.2011.02.018.
5. ^ Landfill Inventory Management Ontario - How Ontario regulates Landfills - Ministry of the Environment
6. ^ Aging Landfills: Ontario’s Forgotten Polluters - Eco Issues
7. ^ Nuisance Grounds & Other Garbage Words at Bill Casselman's Canadian Word of the Day & Words of the World at
8. ^ Nuisance Grounds | RM of Montcalm
9. ^ "Drowning in a Sea of Garbage". The New York Times. April 22, 2010.
10. ^ "What is waste to energy?". Confederation of European Waste-to-Energy Plants. 2010.
11. ^ "Indian waste workers fear loss of income from trash-to-electricity projects". The Washington Post. November 20,
12. ^ Gwyneth Dickey Zaikab (March 2011). "Marine microbes digest plastic".
13. ^ Multiple Purpose industries using landfills for energy
14. ^ Commercial exploitation of gas from landfills
15. ^ AEB Waste Fired Power Plant
16. ^ Waste fired power plant by AEB recovers materials
17. ^ Kijk magazine, April 2008